4000bce - 399
400 - 1399
1400 - 1499
1500 - 1599
1600 - 1699
1700 - 1799
1800 - 1899
1900 - 1999
Based on Article 4 of the law for the Hitler Youth of 1 December 1936 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, page 993), I Order:
1. The youth leader of the German Reich is solely competent for all missions of the physical, ideological and moral education of the entire German youth of the Reich area outside of the house of the parents and the school. The competence of the Reichminister for science, education and public orientation remains unaffected as far as private education and social education are concerned.
2. The following problems are transferred from the sphere of action of the Reich and Prussian Minister for science, education and public orientation to the sphere of action of the youth leader of the German Reich:
All affairs of youth care, the youth hostel system as well as of the accident and liability insurance in the interest of youth care.
The question of competence for the year's service on farms [LandJahr] is left to a special regulation.
3. The youth leader of the German Reich with the Hitler youth is subordinated to the Financial authority of the NSDAP.
1. The Cadre Hitler Youth [Stamm HJ] exists within the Hitler Youth.
2. Whoever was a member of the Hitler Youth since 20 April 1938, is a member of the cadre Hitler Youth.
3. Juveniles, who have had at least one year of good conduct in the Hitler Youth, and fulfill the conditions of ancestry for the acceptance into the NSDAP, may be accepted into the Cadre Hitler Youth. More specific regulations will be issued by the Reich Youth leader of the NSDAP in agreement with the Fuehrer's deputy.
4. The acceptance into the Cadre Hitler Youth of persons over 18 years of age, who are to be used in the leadership and administration of the Hitler Youth, can take place immediately.
5. Only the Cadre Hitler Youth is an affiliate of the NSDAP.
6. Membership in the Cadre Hitler Youth is voluntary.
The Reichminister of the Interior will appoint the national agencies, subordinated to the youth leader of the German Reich, in agreement with Fuehrer's deputy and the Reichminister of Finance.
The members of the Hitler Youth are entitled, and are obliged, if ordered, to wear the prescribed uniform.
Berlin, 25 March 1939
The Fuehrer and Reichs Chancellor
The Deputy of the Fuehrer
the Reichsminister and Chief of Reich Chancellery
Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression Volume IV
Office of the United States Chief Counsel for Prosecution of Axis Criminality
Washington, DC : United States Government Printing Office, 1946