4000bce - 399
400 - 1399
1400 - 1499
1500 - 1599
1600 - 1699
1700 - 1799
1800 - 1899
1900 - 1999
Considering the closer coordination and the unified employment of all economic forces, demanded by the necessities of war, I order for the duration of the war:
The Reich Minister of Economy is competent for the basic economic-political questions of German economy.
The competence of the Reich Minister for Economy in the realm of raw materials and production in industry and the trades are transferred to the Reich Minister for Armament and Munitions. The Reich Minister for Armament and Munitions will carry the designation, because of his enlarged realm of activity, of "Reich Minister for Armament and War Production."
(1) The Reich Minister for Economy remains competent for the supply of civilian population with consumer goods and for their rationing.
(2) The Reich Minister for Economy is competent in the realm of raw materials and of the production in industry and trades and in the realm of commerce for the treatment of foreign commerce questions within the frame of the foreign trade policy of the Reich.
(3) Furthermore, he is responsible within the realm of the entire foreign trade, for the maintenance of the general economic viewpoints in the framework of the active German economic planning, and to direct German economy accordingly.
(4) The competence of the Reich Minister of Foreign Affairs in regard to the foreign trade policy of the Reich, and in regard to the preparation and execution of foreign trade policy conferences, remains untouched.
(1) The Reich Minister for Economy is charged with the topmost supervision over the credit institutes, the supervisory and administrative rights, which belong, according to law or constitution, to the subordinated Reich or state authorities, are transferred to him. He delegates the supervisory or administrative rights to the subordinated officials, so far as he is not required to take care of them himself for special reasons.
(2) He is competent for the financial questions of the German economy.
The authorities of the Reichsmarshal of the greater German Reich as Commissioner for the Four-Year Plan, remain untouched.
This proclamation applies to the area of the greater German Reich including the incorporated Eastern territories and the Protectorate. In the protectorate also, the Reich Minister for Armament and War Production is competent in the realm of raw materials and the production in industry and the trades.
The legal and administrative regulations, necessary for the execution and completion of articles 2, 3, and 4, will be issued: For Article 2 by the Reich Minister for Armament and War Production together with the Reich Minister for economy. For Articles 3 and 4 by the Reich Minister for Economy in agreement with the Reich Ministers concerned.Fuehrer Headquarters, 2 September 1943.
Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression Volume IV
Office of the United States Chief Counsel for Prosecution of Axis Criminality
Washington, DC : United States Government Printing Office, 1946