4000bce - 399
400 - 1399
1400 - 1499
1500 - 1599
1600 - 1699
1700 - 1799
1800 - 1899
1900 - 1999
In accordance with the Moscow Declaration of October 30, 1945 , concerning the responsibility of the Hitlerites for their atrocities and in accordance with other statements of the United Nations regarding the punishment of war criminals, the Governments of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, the United States of America, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Provisional Government of the French Republic acting in the interest of all the United Nations have concluded the following Agreement:
1. To establish for the trial of major war criminals, whose crimes are not restricted to a definite locality, an International Military Tribunal the jurisdiction and activity of which shall be determined by its Statute.
2. To approve the Statute of the International Military Tribunal which forms an integral part of this Agreement.
3. To turn over to the International Military Tribunal upon its demand all the major war criminals who are under the jurisdiction of the International Military Tribunal.
4. Each of the Signatories shall separately take the necessary measures to provide for the surrender to the International Military Tribunal of the war criminals who are to be found on the territory of countries who are not parties to this Agreement.
5. To surrender, upon the demand of the Governments of any of the countries which have signed this Agreement or adhered to it, the war criminals who have committed crimes on the territories of those countries.
6. All members of the United Nations shall be invited by the Government of the United Kingdom, acting on behalf of the other Signatories hereto, to adhere to this Agreement.
Such adherence shall in each case be notified to the Government of the United Kingdom, which shall promptly inform the other parties to this Agreement.
7. This Agreement becomes valid immediately on the day of its signing.
International Conference on Military Trials : London, 1945
Report of Robert H. Jackson, United States Representative to the International Conference on Military Trials : London, 1945
International organization and conference series; II
European and British Commonwealth 1
Department of State Publication 3080
Washington, DC : Government Printing Office, 1949